Enhance your kimchi and other Korean dishes with these USDA-certified organic gochugaru red pepper flakes!
Always fresh from the last harvest, the selected peppers have been dried naturally in the sun, a process known as "taeyangcho".
Taste the difference with these premium organic gochugaru Korean chili flakes! Discover their sweet, slightly spicy taste without a hint of bitterness.
Gochugaru (in Korean, gochu means "pepper" and garu means "powder") is ideal for all types of kimchi, spicy soups, stews and stir-fries. It enhances any food, Korean or otherwise!
Gochugaru is frequently found in many fermented dishes, including kimchi, kimchi chigae (fermented cabbage soup) and kkakdugi (diced daikon kimchi).
How Is Our Organic Gochugaru Made?
The Korean chili peppers are first grown naturally without pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. Only the highest-quality peppers are selected and washed with clean spring water.
They are then let to sun-dry naturally before being ground. The Korean chili flakes are thoroughly inspected and any impurities are removed.
Sun-dried chili peppers (taeyangcho) are more vibrant and retain more nutrients and flavor than machine-dried chili peppers.
- Ingredient: 100% certified organic sun-dried red chili pepper
- Origin: South Korea
- Weight: 300 g (10.6 ounces) or 5 kg (11 lbs)
- Spiciness: 4,000 ~ 8,000 on the Scoville scale
- Storage: 1 year when stored in the original packaging. Once opened, close tightly and store in the refrigerator or freezer
- Also known as: Red chili flakes, red pepper flakes, red chili powder - coarse, 고춧가루, gochugaru