Simplify the fermentation process with the ViscoDisc Canning Buddies inserts! This innovative solution replaces weights to keep your vegetables immersed in brine.
Preventing the ingredients from coming into contact with oxygen is essential in the vegetable fermentation process (sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, etc.).
Highly convenient, these Mason jar canning inserts help limit the risk of mould developing by keeping the vegetables immersed and out of the reach of air.
- Allows you to improve the shelf life of your fermented food. No oxidation, less waste, and no discoloured vegetables!
- Offers the same benefits as weights, but for a more affordable price
- Allows you to maintain a uniform filling level
- Can be used to drain excess liquid without spoilage
- Pack of 12 ViscoDisc canning buddies
- Available in 2 formats:
- Regular-mouth jar (approx. 7 cm, 2 3⁄4 in)
- Wide-mouth jar (approx. 9 cm, 3 3⁄8 in)
- FDA-approved food-grade plastic. BPA-free
- Dishwasher safe and recyclable
- Compatible with Mason jars, Bernardin, Ball, etc.
Being new to fermenting and not sure how long I would stay at it, I first started with whatever I could fine in my kitchen to use as weights. Now I have been at it for several months and I am hooked on fermenting I decided to try different products to see if they made fermenting easier. Viscodisc's did just that. They are inexpensive, easy to use, keep my vegetables under the brine leaving space for the ferment to expand. Fermenting is easier with Viscodisc's.
I was a little skeptical about these inserts but they work just as I'd hoped for keeping vegetables below the brine!
The viscidisc canning buddy mason jar inserts work wonderfully - when I first say them I was not sure about them but they are amazing for keeping the vegetables submerged in the bring
so easy to use and re-use! They are the perfect thing to keep your fermentation under the liquid. I just pop them in the dishwasher and re-use them - BAM!
Very satisfied, they perform the task as I expected.