Lalvin EC-1118 all-purpose yeast by Lallemand is versatile and renowned for its fermentation strength.
A reference yeast for wine, champagne and cider, Lalvin EC-1118 is also used for fermenting vinified fruits, ginger wines, mead, and more.
This champagne and wine yeast is vigorous and fast and creates a fine and light foam.
Its strength, ability to ferment at low temperatures, good flocculation, and excellent alcohol tolerance make Lalvin EC-1118 an excellent choice for a wide variety of uses.
It can also be used to reactivate a stalled fermentation.
How to Use Lalvin EC-1118 Yeast
- Rehydrate at 40°C in 5 times its weight of drinking water
- Let it sit for at least 20 minutes
- Stir gently from time to time to dissolve lumps
- Add to the recipe
- Quantity: 5g
- Strain: Saccharomyces cerevisiae bayanus
- Gluten and GMO free
- Can ferment 4.5 to 23 litres
- High tolerance to alcohol up to 18%
- Fast fermentation in a wide pH range
- Can ferment under a wide range of temperatures, including low temperatures (optimal temperature between 15°C and 25°C)
- Storage: store in the refrigerator