Calcium chloride (CaCl2) is a type of salt used to keep food crisp and firm.
- Easy to use
- The granules dissolve completely
- Used to keep pickles crunchy
- Very effective, even at low doses
- Used to firm, stabilize and thicken
- No adverse health effects
- Approved for use in organic food production
There are many uses to calcium chloride salt, such as in compotes, canning, fermentation (especially pickles), tofu and cheese-making.
To make pickles, add ¼ to ¾ teaspoon (1 to 3.5g) of calcium chloride per litre of water.
- Ingredient: 75g of calcium chloride (CaCl2)
- Store in a dry place