"Koji Alchemy: Rediscovering the Magic of Mold-Based Fermentation" is the first book entirely dedicated to koji, featuring processes, concepts, and recipes for fermenting foods with koji.
Chefs and authors Jeremy Umansky and Rich Shih provide a comprehensive overview of the modern use of koji around the world.
The authors explore the untapped potential of this ingredient by using koji to rapidly age deli meats, cheese, and other fermented foods.
This book revolutionizes food fermentation and flavour profiles and will appeal to professional and amateur chefs alike.
This Book on Koji Includes:
- Foreword by bestselling author Sandor Katz ("The Art of Fermentation")
- State-of-the-art techniques on how to grow and use koji
- Information on the necessary equipment
- More than 35 recipes for sauces, pastes, fermentations, and alcohol, including must-haves like koji popcorn, whole roasted squash with miso, Korean makgeolli, amazake rye bread, and much more.
"Koji Alchemy is empowering and does much to open the door to further creativity and innovation. ... I can't wait to see and taste the next wave of koji experimentation it inspires." - Sandor Katz
- Pages: 352
- Publisher: Chelsea Green Publishing
- Date: May 6, 2020
- View the introduction