K1 V-1116 yeast is a versatile yeast that will produce a fresh and fruity tasting wine, cider, or mead.
Lalvin ICV K1-V1116 is one of the yeasts that produces the freshest and most floral aromas. This strain is particularly well suited to the fermentation of ice wines.
Its fermentation starts quickly, is constant, and produces little foam. The yeast can survive harsh conditions.
The natural fresh fruit aromas are preserved longer than with other standard yeast strains (such as champagne yeast).
Because K1V-1116 yeast can adapt to difficult fermentation conditions, it is ideal for fermenting fruit wines and wines made from concentrates that have poor nutrient balance. It also works well for reviving stalled fermentation.
How to Use Lalvin K1-V1116
- Rehydrate at 40°C in 5 times its weight of drinking water
- Let it stand for at least 20 minutes
- Stir gently from time to time to break up lumps
- Add to the wort
- Ferments from 3 to 23L
- Alcohol tolerance up to 18%
- Very wide range of fermentation temperatures (10°C to 35°C or 50 to 95°F)
- Particularly short lag phase
- Moderate fermentation speed
- Low foam formation
- Produced in Canada by Lallemand Brewing
- Refrigerate until use