Ritual is a traditional chai tea designed to create a delicious chai kombucha tea.
This tea is a classic chai tea well balanced with traditional spices (black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg). Ritual tea is very low in caffeine, medium bodied, and extremely flavourful.
Each sachet produces approximately 3.5 litres of chai flavoured kombucha. The 4 (compostable) bags included are very easy to use and ensure the diffusion of the full richness and freshness of the ingredients.
Chai Kombucha Recipe
For maximum flavour, add Ritual chai tea just before bottling your kombucha.
- Prepare a plain kombucha (about 10 days).
- Remove the kombucha scoby.
- Infuse 1 sachet in 500 ml of hot water (2 cups) for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sachet and let it cool.
- Pour the chai tea into the plain kombucha.
- Bottle and enjoy!
This chai tea can also be used as an alternative to plain tea at the beginning of fermentation. Use occasionally, or in alternation with plain tea to preserve the quality of the scoby.
For more information, consult our guide on How to make your own kombucha.
- Contents: 4 x 12g sachets.
- Ingredients: black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Certified organic by Ecocert Canada
- Producer: Camellia Sinensis
- Caffeine content: 43 mg per sachet.
- Compostable sachets (created by lactic acid fermentation of starch).